The Kaslo and Area Chamber of Commerce and the Kootenay Lake Historical Society are seeking an Office and Visitor Services Manager to champion the existing and emerging requirements for both Organizations and their members through a process of innovation and advocacy.
We invite a dynamic office manager with a Visitor Services focus and a proven track record in fund development, planning and implementation to step forward for this exciting opportunity. Focused on office management of our boards and building Visitor Services partnerships within Kaslo and throughout North Kootenay Lake, the Office/Visitor Services Manager is a critical player in achieving the strategic goals of each Organization under the direction of the Board of Directors for each Organization.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; maintaining filing systems;
- Membership interaction and membership drives are a priority.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
- Grant writing for Fund and Project Development, will be a significant component of the Office Manager for both Organizations.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps Board Committees informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and establishing personal networks.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with the Board Financial Committee/Bookkeeper towards an annual budget; scheduling expenditures;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Visitor Services Responsibilities:
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Office Management will be a year-round responsibility with a focus on Grant writing and planning and development responsibilities (from mid-October to mid-April) for both Organizations. Visitor Services management will also be a year-round responsibility, but from mid-April to mid-October, the manager will be paying more attention to the visitor information centre; Supervision of staff in visitor info centre, assist staff in engaging tourists with general information on the local area, it's history, attractions and weather. This dynamic position involves working independently under the direction of the Boards of Directors throughout the year.
All submissions will be handled in confidence. Please forward a cover letter and an Expression of Interest to John Addison: email@example.com or postal mail to Kaslo Chamber of Commerce, Box 348, Kaslo BC, V0G1M0. For additional information please contact John Addison at 250-353-1151
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 31, 2017